Monday, October 28, 2019

From the desk of the LMS: Evolution

This year, I started with a basic bulletin board set-up with a goal of changing out themed components while making it interactive.  The first two boards included students and staff listing (1) books read this summer and (2) books they read that had been challenged and/or banned (beginning banned books' week).  I decided that my next bulletin board would say Fall Into a Great  Book (hence the leaves) and ask participants to list favorite books.  However, today I hadn't finished the directions for the bulletin board and decided to list a quote.  I realized after the first line that opps this was going to mess up my next design (I can't get these letters off without messing them up. Anyway, I digress.).  As I figured out how to use laminate to keep the letters reusable, I realized that this could be another interactive bulletin board.  Why not have students and staff replace the word magic with another word (You can find MAGIC wherever you Look Sit back and relax, all you need is a Book. - Dr. Seuss).  Later, I decided that we could even add a synonym of the word (RISE) and then underline the syllables (RISE again).  Ideas just kept coming and coming.  I just finished the board about 15 minutes ago when this photo was taken, but I hope to update the photo when participants have an opportunity to post.  Today's theme for my work day (accidentally), evolution.



P.S. Someone tell me how to get the first few lines off this dry erase board for letter reuse (vinyl stuck to dry erase board before I used laminate for lines 5-8). HELP!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment